Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Happy Birthday from Dad!


Peggy,

Your arrival was very memorable. I was late to the hospital to greet you because, as a printing salesman, that morning I was in Mendota, Illinois. I have never been in Mendota before or since.  I sold a good size order for some four color process sales sheets that I will never forget.

When I got the call that you were on the way, it became a foot race to Evanston Hospital and you won the race!  Mom reminded me that she had an appointment with her doctor that morning and he decided for his own schedule to induce labor.

You have been the source of so many fond memories throughout your life, and I give thanks daily for your arrival a half a century ago.

Have a wonderful celebration and savor it as we have this past week as we have enjoyed a small part in following the elaborate plans for this great celebration.

We love you so much!
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment